Spaghetti Squash Marinara Ground Turkey Recipe
This is a great recipe to cook and have leftovers for a few days! I am all about making your life both more healthy and convenient. Spaghetti squash is a staple vegetable for fall and has such a great flavor when paired with olive oil and tomato sauce.
1-2 Medium Spaghetti Squash 2 Cans organic whole peeled tomatoes- mashed up 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1-2 TBSP Italian herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary) 2 Cloves of Garlic, diced 1/3 Large Onion Diced 1 Medium grated carrot 6 cups of spinach cut up 1 TBSP Pecorino Romano Cheese Grated 24 ounces ground turkey seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder)
Tools you may need:
1) Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Cut Spaghetti Squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and brush interior with some olive oil
3) Place each half on baking dish cut-side down 4) Bake 45 minutes- 1 hour or until squash pulls out easily and looks like spaghetti
5) While squash is in oven, in large saucepan, over medium heat, place olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook until soft (about 8-10 minutes)
6) Add in carrots, salt and pepper and cook another 3-5 minutes
7) Add mashed up tomatoes to saucepan
8) Stir in herbs and add more salt and pepper to taste. Allow sauce to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
9) In a separate pan, on medium heat, pour some olive oil and heat up the turkey until no longer pink (probably 5 minutes)
10) Once sauce is done simmering, place spinach and turkey in pan. Spinach should cook quickly.
11) Add sauce with turkey and spinach to spaghetti squash. Sprinkle some grated cheese!