Mo Matcha Vanilla Pancakes Gluten Free & Grain Free
Moringa and Matcha are high in antioxidants and can help fight inflammation, prevent diseases, and boost cellular health! This recipe is also good for anyone with celiac disease or anyone staying away from grains for digestive/diet preference reasons. The key ingredients needed for this recipe are SuperNutrition101's MoMatcha, Ancient Nutrition's vanilla flavored collagen peptides and Bob's Red Mill Paleo Baking flour! I have linked everything below!
Serving size: 6-8 Pancakes depending on the size
1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill paleo baking flour
1 tbsp MoMatcha from SuperNutrition 101 (use code Healthy10 for 10% off)
2 tbsp collagen vanilla flavored from Ancient Nutrition (use code HOLISTICLEX for 20% off your first order)
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp Lakanto Monk Fruit Extract Sugar
1. In a large bowl, mix all the above ingredients well.
2. Start adding in the below ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk - I used Macadamia nut milk
1 egg or flax egg (1 TBSP ground flax seed + 2.5 TBSP of water)
3. Mix well. Fold in 1/2 tsp baking soda at the end. (not listed on above ingredients)
4. Once blended, let sit for a few minutes while heating up an iron griddle.
5. Use coconut spray or coconut oil to coat the griddle.
6. Tip- If the mixture is too thin, try adding in 1 TBSP coconut flour at a time until batter is thicker but still pourable. (Depending on things such as the milk you use and the density of the flour you use- the texture can vary).
7. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter at a time. Once you see bubbles on on side, it is time to flip. The trick is to use a flat stainless steel spatula to try and get under the edges of the pancakes. If there is resistance, let the pancake sit longer until it is easier to get under the pancake.
8. It usually takes only 1-2 minutes to cook the other side once you flip.
9. Add toppings: whipped cream, maple syrup, fruit.
10. You won't need a lot of sweet toppings with this recipe!
Nutrition Facts for entire recipe (Does not include toppings)
Calories: 547 kcals
Fat: 30.4 grams
Saturated Fat: 7.4 grams
Carbs: 33 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Sugar: 2 grams
Net Carbs: 26 grams
Protein: 32 grams Sodium: 1100 mg