Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe (Healthy, Clean & Lean!)
Updated: Jan 1, 2020
These muffins will not give you a muffin top! With these clean ingredients, you will not feel the bloat! Each muffin is about 8 grams of net carbs, 5 grams of fiber and 4.5 grams of Protein!
I also linked the items of certain ingredients so you can buy them on Amazon! Of course these are brands which I approve!
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 pasture raised eggs beaten - I usually get them from the farmers market but Vital
Farms is a good brand!
- 1 TBSP Choc Zero Maple Syrup (This is made from liquid vegetable fiber and monk fruit extract which is a zero sugar sweetener) Alternatives you can use are Maple Syrup or if you want low carb, try the Fiber Surkin Syrup
- 3 TBSP coconut oil melted (but room temperature)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 12 muffin tin pan with paper liners or you can grease the sides with coconut oil spray.
2. Mash bananas with a masher. I recommend this stainless steel masher from Amazon!
2. In a large bowl, blend beaten eggs with mashed banana, syrup, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil. Please make sure the coconut oil is melted! Place it in a ramekin in the oven and let it sit until it is in liquid form but let it cool a bit before adding it to the bowl. Do not add hot liquid oil to the bowl!
3. In a separate small bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to the large bowl with the banana mixture, then stir in tahini and blend very well. Optional to add in 2-3 drops (very small- it is sweet) of Lakanto Monk Fruit drops.
5. Add in chocolate chips and stir.
6. Once blended well, use a spoon or ladle to pour into the muffin tin.
7. It should take about 15 minutes. Once they start smelling amazing and look golden brown, that is your signal they are ready. You can test them by sticking a knife in the middle of the muffin, and if the knife comes out clean, they are ready!
8. Let them cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
9. Serve warm with berries!