Leek & Ginger Marinade Salmon with Swiss Chard and Butternut Noodles
Updated: Sep 27, 2019
Salmon Recipe Ingredients:
-2 six ounce wild caught Alaskan salmon filets
-1/8 cup olive oil
-1 TBSP Grass-fed butter
-1 clove of garlic finely chopped
-2 leeks or scallions finely chopped
-1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely chopped
1) Rinse salmon, pat dry, sprinkle some fresh lemon juice and salt on salmon filets
2) Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl and dip the salmon in it
3) Put salmon with marinade in refrigerator for an hour
4) Pan sear salmon on medium heat in 1/2 - 1 TBSP grass-fed butter for about 3 minutes on each side. Although it is best to babysit this one, since it is nature after all.
Swiss Chard ingredients:
1 bunch swiss chard
4 TSP Olive oil
1/4 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1) Make sure swiss chard is washed and drained well
2) Peel leaves off of stem and cut or tear roughly
3) Chop stems into 1/4 inch slices and put in bowl
4) Heat olive oil in a large skillet or pot over medium high heat and heat onion and garlic and cook until onions are soft and translucent (About 5-7 minutes). Reduce heat if onions are cooking too fast .
5) Add chard stems, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
6) Stir in chard leaves, cover and cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. If necessary, add 1 TBSP water to create enough steam to cook greens quickly.
7) Greens will be wilted but still bright green when ready
1-2 TBSP olive oil or grass-fed butter
spiralized butter nut squash
1) Heat a large skillet with butter or olive oil on medium high heat and add butternut spirals
2) Add salt and cook 3-4 minutes for al dente